Which face covering is most effective? – Hilary VIP Box
It’s hard to believe that a few months back we could enter most businesses without a face covering. Fast forward many uncertain months later and face coverings are now becoming the new norm in daily life.
Some have taken the precautions when surrounded by unknown people and worn it when needed. Others have gone against it feeling it doesn’t conform to their human rights.
Either way, it’s still good to know which face coverings are most effective and Sky News have had scientists test 14 types that are being sold on the market today.
Here are the results, along with Sky News image in reference to the face coverings:
1. N95 mask, no exhalation valve, fitted (14)
2. Surgical mask (1)
3. Cotton-polypropylene-cotton mask (5)
4. Two-layer polypropylene apron mask (4)
5. Two-layer cotton, pleated style mask (13)
6. Two-layer cotton, pleated style mask (7)
7. N95 mask with exhalation valve (2)
8. Two-layer cotton, Olston style mask (8)
9. One-layer Maxima AT mask (6)
10. One-layer cotton, pleated style mask (10)
11. Two-layer cotton, pleated style mask (9)
12. Knitted mask (3)
13. Bandana (12)
14. Gaiter type neck fleece (11)
It’s great to see that our premium range SafeAIRr face masks are within the Top 6, including the following quoted by the team behind the research,
“Handmade cotton face coverings were also shown to perform well and eliminated a substantial amount of spray from normal speech.”
All our face masks are made with OEKO-TEX/BCI standard cotton, with duplex layering and additional filter slots.
Thank you to Hilarys VIP Box for the lovely review!